Campbell General Hospital was a 900-bed Civil War facility located on what is now Florida Avenue, between 5th and 6th Streets NW, not far south of the present Howard University campus. Not only can we trace no other examples of this print at auction or in OCLC, we can find no other works by the artist. Charles W. Bolza (born 1840) of Grand Rapids, MI was a sergeant in the 6th Michigan Cavalry which fought in General Custer's Michigan Brigade. The Washington Evening Star of 18 April 1863 reported that he was a patient at Campbell Hospital, and painted the scenery for a theatrical performance there.
Aliquam vulputate ornare congue. Vestibulum maximus, libero in placerat faucibus, risus nisl molestie massa, ut maximus metus lectus vel lorem.