Screenprint on Strathmore paper, 1951 (printed 1964). 420x470 mm; 16 1/2x18 1/2 inches, full margins. Numbered 26/50 in pencil, lower right. With the Pollock Estate blind stamp, lower left.
Betty Parsons, who owned and operated her eponymous gallery on East 57th Street in Manhattan, exhibited many of Pollock's early works. To coincide with his fifth solo show at Parsons in 1951, which feautred his Black Paintings, Pollock reproduced designs of six of his paintings in screenprint. He completed these himself, having learned the screenprint technique from his friend and fellow artist Joseph Meert, who helped him find one of his early jobs at Creative Printmakers, Inc., New York, a commercial screenprinting shop. O'Connor/Thaw 1091.